The definition of facilitate is "to make easy" or "ease a process."
What Does a Facilitator Do?
First a facilitator will understand a group's desired outcome during the event or meeting.
A Facilitator will:
- Design and plan the session to the desired outcome.
- This includes the "What's In It For Me?" (WII-FM)
- Guide the session to ensure that:
- There is effective participation.
- There is a mutual understanding between participants.
- Contributions are considered and included in all ideas, solutions or decisions that emerge.
- Participants, not the facilitator take shared responsibility for the outcome.
- Time is managed.
- To create the space for the above to occur.
Certification that I hold to support this skill is:
- ICAgile Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF)